Over the weekend Melody tagged me for a Name Meme. This is good because it means I don't have to talk about the real pain in the ass that Glee has become and can distract myself from the knitting agony by doing something mindless and fun. Sure, I made an incredibly stupid mistake and lots of frogging is in my future but let's not dwell on that, 'kay? Instead, let's enjoy the Name Meme. Here are the rules:
I'm going to list one relevant fact per letter of my first name. Then I'll tag as many people as the number of letters in my name to do the same thing on their blog. If you don't have a blog, just leave it here in comments. (So the trick here is finding a relevant fact about myself. Hm.)
S- Suck. That's what Glee is doing to my life. Just sucking it away.
U-Unbelievable. This describes perfectly my reaction to the mistake I made on Glee.
S-Shit. What I yelled when said mistake cropped up.
A-Anger. What I feel every time I look at Glee.
N-Never. Right now I never want to knit this sweater again.
Thanks for the distraction, Melody!
Miss Sweetie Pie Ruth tagged me for this meme while we were house hunting. I do have some knitting pictures to show you but I don't want to disrespect a tag so here we go. Okay, wait. I sort of had to shorten the list...you'll see why*.
Here are the rules: Each person tagged gives 7 or 8 random facts about themselves. Those tagged need to write in their blogs the 7 or 8 facts, as well as the rules of the game. You need to tag seven others and list their names on your blog. You have to leave those you plan on tagging a note in their comments so they know that they have been tagged and to read your blog. But, since I don't follow rules consider yourself tagged if you'd like to play along. (If you do decide to play along let me know so I can see if you're more of a freak than me!) Here are my facts:
1. I compulsively make lists about damn near everything. The lists used to be very long and largely unachievable but I've managed to get a handle on that over the years. (*Remember what I said at the beginning.)
2. I am absolutely terrified of snakes. During our house hunting trip we looked at a home while the renter was still there. The renter followed us around giving us fun facts about the house and when she mentioned that a snake had gotten in the house recently it was all I could do not to run.
3. Even though I am terrified of snakes when offered a chance to pet one, I will. I like the adrenaline rush.
4. I LOVE coffee. LOVEITLOVEITLOVEIT!
5. When I was pregnant I hated the smell of the grocery store and meat. I craved Mountain Dews and Baby Ruth candy bars. No, I am not a crackhead.
6. I was a child bride. (My anniversary is Friday. Even I don't know how long I've been married to this dude. I love you hon!)
7. I really hate wearing shoes.
I have lots of knitting pictures and one jacked up sock to show you plus a post-trip report. Ruth's tag was a great diversion from that! Thanks Ruth!
A big thanks to all of you for your get well wishes and general sympathy for my pain. I'm feeling better although I've managed to cough myself out of a voice. (I was talking too much anyway.) The oven should be repaired by late Friday afternoon so it's cookies for Santa!!! Unfortunately Boogie is running a low-grade fever and she has a runny nose. She's snuggled in bed now with her Daddy, a few books and a teddy bear. We'll see what the morning brings.
I was thinking about writing out words of wisdom on how much happiness there is to be found this time of year but others have said it far better than I ever could. Instead, I'll do the meme Janna tagged me with. Before I meme away I should say that I don't dig rules. I'm posting the meme rules here 'cause I don't want to totally pee in Janna's Wheaties but I'm not tagging anyone. If you read it and think it's cool, tag! You're it! (And boy! Is this weird thing a deep well for me to draw from or what?)
THE RULES: Each player of this game starts with the '6 weird things about you.' People who get tagged need to write a blog of their own 6 weird things as well as state this rule clearly. In the end, you need to choose 6 people to be tagged and list their names. Don't forget to leave a comment that says you are tagged in their comments and tell them to read your blog.
1. I LOVE pens. LOVE them! I have tons in my purse! At any given time I'm probably carrying a rainbow's worth of colors.
2. Although I love pens, I almost never have paper in my purse. Go figure.
3. I hate reality T.V. but love Project Runway.
4. I HATE hot tea. I've never liked it and can't figure out why anyone does. If I'm going to drink something hot it had better make me tense.
5. I can speak Ubbi Dubbi.
6. I don't like talking on the phone but am distressed that no one ever calls me. Odd, huh?
This little meme has been making the rounds. I lifted it from Carole and I hope you'll lift it from me.
1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? Hot chocolate with alcohol. Okay both, with booze.
2. Does Santa wrap presents or just set them under the tree? Santa likes a little wrap action and a little non-wrap action. He's peculiar that way.
3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? Both on the tree but we didn't do the house this year.
4. Do you hang mistletoe? Nope. I have a toddler and dogs.
5. When do you put up your decorations? Around the second week of December. That's when my sister's birthday falls.
6. What is your favorite holiday dish? Pretty much anything that I don't have to cook.
7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child? Driving around with my family looking at Christmas lights.
8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? Gosh, I think I've always known the truth about Santa. He's kind, generous, compassionate and a little on the heavy side. Did I miss something else about him?
9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? Hell yes!
10. What kind of decorations are on your Christmas Tree? Toys, red hearts, cats, dogs, angels from Germany and fairies that I picked up for Boogie.
11. Snow! Love it or Dread? I think I'd like snow.
12. Can you ice skate? Nope.
13. Do you remember your favorite gift? I don't, sadly enough.
14. What’s the most important thing about the Holidays for you? Making sure the folks I love are happy and well fed.
15. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert? Pumpkin pie
16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? Watching "Monty Python's The Meaning of Life" on Christmas Eve. Seriously.
17. What tops your tree? An angel.
18. What is your favorite holiday book? "Twas the Night Before Christmas"
19. What is your favorite Christmas Song? "Oh Holy Night"
20. Candy Canes! Yuck or Yummy? As long as they are in their natural state, red and white, yummy.
I had this post in mind about seeing the doctor, talking about my stupid running injury...stuff like that but I found this meme over at Kathryn's. (My coffee swap bud!) It's really neat and makes for a nice post on a hectic day. Here we go:
Here's what you do:
1. Open your music library
2. Set settings to "Shuffle"
3. Press play
4. For each entry, type the song that's playing
5. For new entry, press the next/forward button
Opening credits: High on Sunday 51/ Aimee Mann
Waking up: Girl and the Sea/The Presets
First day at school: So Unsexy/Alanis Morissette
Falling in love: You Oughta Know/Alanis Morissette
Breaking up: Moonchild/Cibo Matto
Prom: Whenever, Wherever/Shakira
Life's okay: Crazy/(James Michael Mix) Alanis Morissette
Mental breakdown: For the Trinity (Laus Trinitati)/Richard Souther (It's Hildegarde of Bingen. Don't ask)
Driving: It's Not/Aimee Mann
Flashback: King of Silence/Cibo Matto
Getting back together: Lint of Love/Cibo Matto
Wedding: Guys Like Me/Aimee Mann
Birth of a child: Sunday Pt. 2/Cibo Matto
If you like this meme, do it! I'd love to see what everyone else gets.
I lifted this from J.P. who lifted it from someone else. Honestly, it seemed like a good idea at the time.
1. Google "Halloween" and the year you were born on Google Images.
2. Find the most bizarrely frightening photo and post it (you really ought to pick from the first page instead of surfing around for an hour).
3. Recoil in horror!
If your eyes haven't leaked out of your head consider yourself tagged.
As JP pointed out, everyone in blogworld has done this list. I'm a bit of a late bloomer so I thought I'd give it a try anyway.
Bold the ones you have done:
Hey. Maybe I'm not as dull as I'd thought!
My friend Janna tagged me for this meme.
5 Things always in my purse:
5 Things always in my wallet :
5 Things always in my refrigerator:
5 Things always in my closet:
5 Things always in my car:
5 Things always on my desk:
If you'd like to play along, consider yourself tagged.
I'm not a huge fan of the meme but my friend J.P. started this one and I think it's really sweet. It spoke to the mood I've been in this weekend and Big B and I had a great time talking about it. Here it is:
Is there a song that you hear on the radio or from an old CD that immediately carts you off to a summer of your past, either way far away or pretty recent? One where you can hear the first few notes and feel the emotions you felt on the day the memory was happening? Then post an account of the memory along with the song's lyrics.
It's not just a song but an entire album for me. The album is "So" by Peter Gabriel. It was 1986 and Big B and I were living in Monterey, CA while he attended D.L.I. We'd been married for just over a year and it was the farthest from home either of us had ever been. We were like kids let loose to play in the big grown-up world. We had our very own apartment, our first credit card and I'd been in a Macy's department store for the very first time. ( I was also legal to drink. Let the games begin!)
While Big B worked his ass off at D.L.I., I worked at a little gift shop in Pacific Grove. I drove our beat-up Mustang to work everyday while Big B usually walked to his classes. We spent our evenings hanging out with friends, going to movies, or just enjoying the fact that we were together. It really was one of those "poor but happy" sort of situations.
"So" was one of the first tapes we bought for the really cheap stereo system we picked up at the PX. That tape was with us on every move we made after Monterey and we still have it as well as the CD. I can't name one song that strikes me because the whole album meant, and continues to mean, so much to both of us.
So I'm gonna tag three of you and, if you aren't tagged, go ahead and pass it along anyway. I think it's a really neat little summer meme. Janna, Chris, and Rhelynn, your turn! Thanks J.P.! That was awesome!