I finished the American Girl blanket!! I'm so happy! I followed Kat's advice, worked on a small project and what you see to the left is the result. My daughter is thrilled and she tells me that the recipient of the blanket is thrilled as well. (Lucky for me that dolls aren't that picky!)
This was a super easy knit. Once the pattern is under your belt, you don't really need to look at the written instructions. The author of this pattern also provides a chart to work from as well so you have a nice visual of how the Seed Stitch blocks and the Stockinette Stitch blocks go together. The pattern can be found here. The details of my blanket are sketchy only in that I can't remember the name of the color I used because the puppy ate the the band that was on the skein. Let's just call it 'purple' and leave it at that. :-)
This little project gave me the steam to go through my knitting and see what's what. I've got lots of unfinished projects, (show me a kntitter who doesn't) and my goal is to knock each one of them out. I'm going to start with some socks that should have been finished ages ago and move on from there.
In the mean time, I've got some doll clothes to work on and, as long as the girls aren't too shy about modeling, I'll share what I've been doing for them!